
Frances is horse crazy these days. Hopefully she will have some opportunities to ride a horse this summer. We have a friend who owns a horse, out in Norco, and she has offered to let Frances spend time at the stables with her. We have been there once, and Frances was able to help groom Zena & give her treats for doing tricks, as well as to sit atop Diesel, the biggest horse we have ever seen.

Abby is learning to use the potty. Anything Frances can do, Abigail is determined to learn to do!
Nothing tremendously new or exciting here, but I thought that I should update the blog. Frances and Abigail are learning to play with each other a little more these days. Fran is starting to be more quiet and gentle with Abby, and Abby is becoming more accepting of her sister's overtures. Abigail is starting to become slightly interested in TV (probably because Frances likes it so much). Frances is limited to 12 hours of TV per week! Frances has started helping around the house lately, perhaps to be more of a "big girl." She helps me roll the big trash cans out to the curb, and helps bring them up beside the house the next day. She washes her own hair, and wants to take showers occasionally instead of baths. Yesterday, I needed to use the bathroom without an audience. Whenever I shut the bathroom door, Abigail gets really upset if she is on the outside! I asked Frances if she could entertain her sister for a minute, or at least keep her safe while she pitched a fit! When I came out of the bathroom, Fran and Abby were in Abigail's room, playing quietly. I gave Frances a dollar for a job well done.
We've just been going to school and work, an occasional birthday party, waiting for spring break and summer vacation. Frances' school and mine do not have the same spring break. Oh well.

This was another party, with a jungle theme. The children could have their faces painted to look like jungle animals (Frances chose a polar bear...?). Fran won a "roaring contest."

The jungle party favors included magnifying glasses. Abigail was not quite sure how to use hers...

No comments:
Post a Comment