Monday, October 19, 2009

Build-A-Bear Workshop

We recently took a trip to our local Build-A-Bear store, and the girls both made stuffed animals. Frances is an old pro at this, having more than 50 stuffed animals in her room! Abigail is still afraid of the machine that blows the stuffing into the animal, but she liked looking at all of her animal options. She picked up each one, kissed it, and said, "Oh, cute." She finally chose a cat, while Frances chose a bear. The girls each made a wish on the little heart that goes into the animal before it is sewn up...



Frances dressed her bear in High School Musical pajamas, but Abigail wanted her cat to be naked. When it came time to enter the animals' names into the computer, Frances typed her bear's info in all by herself. Her bear is named Cinnamon. I was typing the info for Abby's cat, and I asked her what the cat's name was. "Five," she replied.
"Is that how old the cat is?" I asked.
Abigail looked at me like I was dense. "Nooo," she replied.
Again I asked, "What's the cat's name?"
And again (but with more emphasis), she said, "Five." So her cat is named Five.

No comments: