Frances now has her very own surfboard! I found it on craigslist, and the guy who sold it to us is in the business of re-selling boards. He asked me Franny's height and weight, and recommended this board for her. It is a softboard, not fiberglass, so it won't hurt as much when it hits her (or someone else). It's never been used, still in the original packaging. I'll have to figure out how to attach the fins (it comes with a special tool for that purpose). Frances has a spring suit, as well as two people who've offered to help her learn to surf. She did a little surfing about a year and a half ago with her friend August, on his board, and could stand up and ride the waves on her third try. My athletic child...


And who would have thought that a little child born in Kazakhstan would end up being a California surfer girl?
2 comments:
Very cool Fran....I must admit I tried surfing once, I could never stand up on the board..hahahah so you learn, then you can teach me:)
Frances is amazing. She has such a love for life. Jeff is looking forward to taking Frances out in the water and surfing with her. Jeff has been surfing 30+ years and will be a great teacher.
Post a Comment