Saturday, November 13, 2010

Gymnastic season is over...


We were grateful that the state level meet was close to home, since we had to be there at 7:30 this morning! Frances is the only 9-year-old on her team, so she had her coach, Lindsay, all to herself. Frances did well, achieving her highest all-around score yet. She did not earn a medal, but she knew going in that she wouldn't. Our perspective this season is that we want her to get a higher score with each meet. She didn't start training for Level 4 until July (girls usually begin in January) so we pretty much knew she wouldn't be on the podium. Frances was satisfied with her scores today, and she loved the "goodie bag" that the team moms put together. All of us contributed a few fun items, and one mom organized it all into goodie bags for the girls and the coach.
Thus ends the 2010 gymnastic season... although they may do a few meets in the spring!

1 comment:

MommaT said...

You must be so proud of your girl!~ I know I am and I am not even her mom:)