








We had a blessed weekend afternoon with nothing to do, so we played in our backyard.
We started with the swings. Frances pushed Abigail on the standard swing, and then I spun Fran as fast as I could on her disc swing. We also decorated our back fence with chalk, as you can see. The rain may wash away my art, but I had fun doing it.
I also dragged out the balance beam, and later, the hoppity-hops. We have two hoppity-hops from when Frances was younger, and I asked her to demonstrate for Abigail how you use one. Before she knew it, Fran was having a great time on these "little kid" toys! She and Abby had races across the yard, crashed into each other, and landed in a giggling heap.
The girls also had fun using scooters and trikes. Frances was kind enough to let Abigail win a few times, and they both had a ball. We need more of those afternoons, with "nothing to do." It was relaxing, just what we needed in our busy lives.

3 comments:
Sounds like a much needed fun, nothing to do afternoon just to be Mom and kids at home. Hooray! I love the art you drew on the wall..what a great idea! I can't believe how big the girls are getting...has it really been that long since we've seen you? I sure would enjoy seeing you this summer!
I love reading your blogs! The girls are adorable. I love the art on the wall!
You are so smart to let them draw on the wall with chalk...it looks great! Such a fun mom!
Post a Comment