"By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared." -Author unknown
I totally pirated this quote from the blog of a single mom who adopted her daughter (with a life-threatening heart condition) from China. Whoever penned this was able to put into words what so many of us know in our hearts. I get so frustrated when people tell me how lucky my children are, or what a great thing I did. It's not about me! I'm not any more special than the next average Joe. And I am the one who is lucky (blessed!). Two other women made an incredibly difficult and sacrificial choice, so that I could have my little family. I could not love my girls any more had they come from my womb. I am grateful and thankful for them, and for the women who chose to give them life.
Serious post - gotta have those now and again!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Love it..am posting is on FB!
Post a Comment