Friday, July 22, 2011

Little Girls' Day Out

This week, Frances has had gymnastics every day from 9:00 - 2:00. Abigail and I always have plenty of errands to run, and she is happy when we can stay at home so she can watch videos of her choosing. Usually, I tell the girls that they have to choose a movie that they both like, and Abigail defers to Frances (because she wants to be Frances). So when Frances is at gym, Abby can watch Blue's Clues, Barney, Diego, all of the preschool videos that Frances used to watch at this age (but she'll never admit it). The family of one of Abigail's best friends has passes to Knott's Berry Farm, and so do we, so last Tuesday morning, the little girls had a play date there.

We've been to Knott's with this family before (Karley's older brother Colby is Fran's best buddy) but what typically happens is that I take the ten-year-olds and go on the roller coasters, and Karley's mom takes her three younger children and Abigail to Camp Snoopy. But this time, it was all about the little kids. Karley and Abigail had a ball!

The day was very warm, but we got there when the park opened at 10, and stayed about three hours. You can see from the photos that Abby and Karley are equally matched in silliness! They laughed and shrieked on the rides, showed how "brave" they were by putting their hands up in the air.... it was darling. We rode the airplanes, the balloons, the little train, the cars, the "Log Peeler" (scrambler, mini-size), the crazy bus, the rocking & spinning boat, the trucks, the merry-go-round, and the log ride. I had brought a water bottle, as Abigail gets overheated really easily (you can see her warm little face on the merry-go-round), and at one point, I poured water over the children's heads!

When we picked up Frances at the gym that afternoon, she was a little jealous until I reminded her that her friend Colby had not been there, and we only rode the "little kid" rides. We're hoping to go again next week with all of the kids, so I will probably be riding those big coasters. Xcelerator, here we come!

No comments: