Here is Frances, looking a little bewildered at being first place on floor in her level & age group! She was second place in bars, beam and vault, as well as second in all-around. Wow! I was so proud of her that I started crying. I thanked her coaches & the gym owner, and they reminded me that this is only the first meet - she will keep on improving all season! Her next meet is in Nevada, two weeks from now... look out!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Medals for my girl!
Frances had her first gymnastics meet of the season today in San Diego. She started at Wildfire a month ago, and has made terrific progress. For today, I just wanted her to be on the podium in any event. Last year, her scores were in the mid to high 8's with a single 9 one time on vault. Frances was nervous today, but I reminded her that she competed last year; this is just the new improved version. I told her to go out there and have fun, and relax in the knowledge that she was going to score higher than she did last season. Well....

Here is Frances, looking a little bewildered at being first place on floor in her level & age group! She was second place in bars, beam and vault, as well as second in all-around. Wow! I was so proud of her that I started crying. I thanked her coaches & the gym owner, and they reminded me that this is only the first meet - she will keep on improving all season! Her next meet is in Nevada, two weeks from now... look out!
Here is Frances, looking a little bewildered at being first place on floor in her level & age group! She was second place in bars, beam and vault, as well as second in all-around. Wow! I was so proud of her that I started crying. I thanked her coaches & the gym owner, and they reminded me that this is only the first meet - she will keep on improving all season! Her next meet is in Nevada, two weeks from now... look out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
YAHOO. I was so excited with the news of your scores that I called Grandma Hunter and a few other friends right away. I hope you listened to your message from Grandma and Grandpa Hunter on your answering machine. Way to go,Frances. We are all so PROUD. We are proud, not only for your performance today, but for your taking the risk of joining a new gym and working so hard to meet your potential. You are AMAZING!
Post a Comment