Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas with the little Bushnell family

Frances played "The First Noel" at the Christmas recital at her piano teacher's house. I also made her play it at church, which she was not really enthusiastic about...


On December 19th, we exchanged gifts with the Molyneux and Hunter families. Frances received a Nintendo DS (not from Mommy, but I did finally allow someone else to give her one) and a Nintendogs interactive Golden Retriever puppy. Abby was thrilled with her Cozy Coupe, which currently resides in our kitchen, so she can play with it regardless of weather or dark of night!


What a fun Christmas we had! My parents commented that they've never before had so many presents under their tree! We open the gifts from Santa here at our house, then we bring everything else to Gramma and Grampa B's with us. On Christmas Eve, as has become our tradition, we went to the Hunters' party. It is always really fun, and the evening culminates with Zenia assigning parts for "The Twelve Days of Christmas." Frances, Abby, Aunt Linda and I were "Six Geese a-laying." The funny thing was that as Zenia dashed around the room, pointing at the different groups to cue them, Abby started imitating her by pointing her tiny finger at people! It reminded us of when Heather was little, and she would copy Zenia by grabbing the paper (the master list of words) and running around the room! Christmas Eve was a little hectic; we had both Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy bumping into each other in the middle of the night. I hope that the Tooth Fairy wasn't jealous of the treats that were left out for Santa. I haven't heard of any sort of snack protocol for the Tooth Fairy...

No comments: