I had won tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, back in September at back-to-school night at the school where I work. It had been a last-minute purchase at the PTA raffle as we left campus. The next day when the winners were announced, I was so excited! I almost never win anything. So one Sunday, at the beginning of November, Haley, Dana, Roger, the girls and I all went to the aquarium after church.

Abigail wanted to be out of the stroller and running around. although she was not very interested in the fish, sea lions, rays, etc. Dana tried to help Abigail touch a ray, but Abby was not impressed.

There were lots of cool things to see, from both above the water and underneath.


Because the tickets had been free, I agreed to buy the girls something at the gift shop (guess whose idea that was?). Frances chose a blue seal, which she named, predictably, "Blue." Abigail also chose a seal, a dark brown one, that she named "Doggie!"
One of the highlights of my day was when Abigail learned from Frances how to make the fish face!

No comments:
Post a Comment