
We went to Tanaka Farm's Pumpkin Patch on October 24th, with Haley, Dana, and little Phoebe from Kyrgyzstan (she was spending the day with H & D). It was very hot and dry! We brought bottled water and sunscreen.

Frances had been there a few days prior, with a school field trip, but we did not want her to give us any hints in the cornstalk maze! There was a little bit of shade in the maze from the tall corn, and we had fun finding our way to the flag in the center of the maze.

Frances had a great time with little pumpkins (she balanced them on her head) and big pumpkins (how big a pumpkin can I lift?). Abigail kept picking up pumpkins and then accidentally dropping them, until I finally told her to stop picking them up!

It was about 90 degrees out, and Abigail does not do well in extreme heat. She was as red as a beet, and her hair was soaking wet. When it dried, it was crispy with salt from her sweat!

After about an hour at the pumpkin patch, we all headed to McDonald's, to sit in the air conditioning, and the kids all had ice cream to cool off! I wish that autumn would arrive here in sunny southern California...

1 comment:
Wow I thought the scarecrow was a person! Did they carry their big pumpkins? Looks like Abbeys was very big and I love the one on Francis's head
Post a Comment