Sunday, January 17, 2010

Plumbing woes...




I guess it's all part of being a homeowner. Our ongoing plumbing problems turned out to be due to my home's sewer line separating from the city main... out in the backyard.... under the concrete where my RV pad meets the alley. Ugh. So after only 24 hours without a toilet (we were the "potty pilgrims" at 6 a.m., visiting our neighbor's house before getting ready for school/work) the plumber used a concrete cutter and a jackhammer, dug a really deep hole, and was able to restore the line. Total cost of repairs? $6,700. The concrete was poured today, and it is all finished. I was blessed that my parents were able to give me a large chunk of money, so I didn't have to come up with all of it myself, but until I get that income tax refund, money is going to be really tight! I must say that it is a relief to be able to do laundry, run the dishwasher, and drain the bathtub without fear that the toilet will back up!

1 comment:

MommaT said...

Bummer! I hate when that stuff happens!! Wish we were closer, you could have used my washer:)