Who sings that song, anyway?!
Most of the time, I am in denial about age. I think that all of my adult friends are the same age as I am, and we are all about 35. Every few years, my delusional age goes up a bit, but it's always several years behind reality. Tonight while I sat here blogging, I was eating a package of Fran's "fruit nuggets." She doesn't like the orange flavor, but likes the other flavors in the variety pack, so I was happily doing her a favor by getting rid of some orange fruit nuggets. (Note to self: Don't eat snacks that are marketed toward children and frowned upon by dentists.) All of a sudden, there was something a little bit hard in my mouth. I was thinking, "Man, one of those little nuggets must be kinda dry or something." Then I realized it was my temporary crown. The chewy fruit nuggets had caused it to pop off. Shoot. I went into the bathroom and looked into my mouth, then put the crown back onto my tooth. The temporary crown had gotten a little cold by this time, so when it hit the tooth surface, I just about went through the ceiling. Now there is a note on my purse for tomorrow morning, that says: "DON'T CHEW. Call the dentist." I hope I don't swallow it or choke on it during the night...
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Karen - I know exactly what you are going through (same thing happen to me not so long ago and it is painful let me tell you). As for the age...I have to always ask Keith or my mom how old I am. I still think I am 25 - really! If it wasn't for the darn 1972 year I was born in..25 seems like a wonderful age to be!
1972...try 1965 for me! Of course I am only 35 even though I feel almost 45! Crowns suck to put it bluntly...I have one, need another and am too scared to go back:)
Post a Comment