Saturday, February 6, 2010

Funny signs

I had to laugh at some of the signs we saw at the zoo...
These were both in the Children's Zoo!



The San Diego Zoo is very close to the border between the US and Mexico, and there is a really funny highway sign that has silhouettes of a man and woman running, dragging a child (whose feet are not touching the ground) by the hand. I think it is a warning that people may be running across the highway after an illegal border crossing, but the sign itself is hilarious! I was driving, so could not take a picture of it. My favorite sign of all time is in Oklahoma. It's along a highway in the middle of nowhere, and reads, "Caution: Hitchikers May Be Escaping Inmates."

3 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Oh I like the "Caution" one! We seen a ton of those when traveling along the AZ/Mexico lines as well. Hope you are having a great weekend. Say hello to Abby and Francesca from our gang! Miss you guys...:(

MommaT said...

I like the Hag sign...my sister and I always call each other old hags:)

Shelly and Family said...

Hi Karen & THANK YOU for stopping by Benjamin's blog! He is a cutie isn't he lol! Anyway, I so wish we were all traveling once again to China! Our travel group totally rocked and I miss everyone so very much! No matter how many times we travel...if ever again after this one lol...our 2008 journey was THE BEST! Love you & miss you all so much!

FYI ~ my mom STILL asks about everyone at leat once a week she misses you all too...