Friday, February 5, 2010

A "movie star" birthday party



This year for Frances' birthday party, our friend Haley came up with the idea of having the kids see a movie, and I remembered that at a local mall, the theater has a party room. I called them, and arranged to have Fran's party there. Frances came up with "FCB Awards" for all of her buddies. FCB stands for Frances Camille Bushnell, but we decided that it also stands for "friends can be..." and came up with awards for each friend, based on a characteristic of their personality that makes Frances glad they are her friend. On the invitation, we encouraged party guests to dress up as movie stars or celebrities. We laid down a red carpet and brought Fran's microphone from home, so that it was like an awards show.

I baked cupcakes (and forgot the ice cream and drinks at home, thank you Carrie for coming to my rescue!) and we decorated the party room with streamers and balloons.

The guests arrived, and we all got snack boxes with popcorn, a candy, and a drink. The movie was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." After the movie, we all went to the party room, and I think that the most popular activity was playing with all of the balloons I'd blown up!

No comments: