Thursday, July 15, 2010

The superhero is tired

Frances (Abby's superhero) is tired these past few nights. She has moved up in gymnastics to level 4, which means she will be competing in gym meets September through November. Her practice schedule has really increased, to four nights a week, but she is thrilled. She began the more intense program a few days ago, and last night, fell asleep in the car on the way home from gymnastics! But she is gaining new skills almost daily, and is loving every minute of it. The heat makes practice less than pleasant; the gym is not air-conditioned. It would be like trying to air-condition a barn! I make sure that she has plenty of water and/or gatorade, as well as a few snacks, when I drop her off for practice. Then, Abigail and I look for something to do. If it wasn't so hot, I would take Abby to a park to play. We run errands, do some grocery shopping... there is a possibility of Abby taking swim lessons just down the street from Fran's gym. We'll see. And Abigail has her own preschool gymnastic class once a week. I would love to post pictures of the superhero in action, but we can't use a flash in the gym, and my camera isn't fancy enough to be able to do much without the flash indoors. But I promise that if I get any pictures at all of gymnastigirl, I'll let you see them!

1 comment:

Lisa-n-Phil said...

Hello,
It is so nice to have all your wonderful postings so even at a distance (Austin for now) we can keep tabs on how you are all doing in growing. Thank you, thank you and keep them coming.
The girls are beautiful and you all look so very happy, it's lovely. Miss you guys bunches and oddles!!
Love you Girls Always,
Lisa n Phil R