It only took a week, and because I was off work, Javier and I consulted several times a day about the direction and progress. Of course, if it had been up to Frances, the treehouse would have been a furnished apartment with utilities! However, Javier and I were looking at cost and weight. The finished product thrilled both Frances and Abigail, as well as their friends!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
The new treehouse!
I had a guy build new backyard gates for me, and he did such a great job that I asked if he'd ever built a treehouse. He borrowed my book, "Treehouses You Can Actually Build," took it home for a weekend, and came back with some sketches.




It only took a week, and because I was off work, Javier and I consulted several times a day about the direction and progress. Of course, if it had been up to Frances, the treehouse would have been a furnished apartment with utilities! However, Javier and I were looking at cost and weight. The finished product thrilled both Frances and Abigail, as well as their friends!
It only took a week, and because I was off work, Javier and I consulted several times a day about the direction and progress. Of course, if it had been up to Frances, the treehouse would have been a furnished apartment with utilities! However, Javier and I were looking at cost and weight. The finished product thrilled both Frances and Abigail, as well as their friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the treehouse Karen! It must be so much fun :)
Very cool! Don't let my kids see - Bryan has promised our kids for 23 yrs they could have a treehouse
Post a Comment