
We are still waiting for autumn... after taking the car in to the dealership for service, the girls and I played in the front yard for a while. Frances is posing, saying, "What is up with this weather?!"

We waited until Abigail was napping before carving our pumpkin (sorry Ab, maybe next year). We'd had to wait until the last minute, so that the pumpkin wouldn't get moldy with all the hot weather! Frances drew a picture of what she wanted the face to look like, and I did my best to carve it the way she wanted. She was pleased with the result. I cooked the seeds with a little olive oil and garlic salt, and they are yummy!

We went trick-or-treating in Old Towne Orange, at little Phoebe's house. Frances and Haley went together, as Sonny & Cher. They got lots of laughs and comments from people in my generation who knew immediately who they were supposed to be!

Abigail wore her ladybug costume from last year. This year (unlike last year), she was delighted to dress up, especially in the tap shoes! She was not very interested in having her picture taken, though. Frances took off with Haley, to get to as many houses as possible. Abigail and I went at a slower pace. At first, she was a little confused, but then she figured it out! She jauntily walked from house to house, holding up her little bucket for candy, and rewarding people with her flirty smile. If they told her how cute she was, she would grin and show the dimple in her cheek! We went up and down both sides of the street with Phoebe, for about a block. Then, Phoebe and Abigail sat on the porch and helped give out candy.
But wait! There's more! Abigail's fabulous sitter had extra tickets to Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party at Disney's California Adventure, and she gave them to us. Frances fell asleep in the car on the way there... but perked up once we arrived. As you enter the park, you are provided with treat bags, and a map that shows the candy locations throughout the park. And at each stop, they give you a whole handful of candy! Wow. I could see that Frances was getting tired, but when I finally let Abigail out of the stroller, she was like a lunatic! She was running, dancing, waving her arms, flirting with anyone and everyone! We stayed pretty late, and it was only 7 minutes from the Disney parking structure to our driveway, but both girls were sleeping hard when we got home.

1 comment:
I wish we could have celebrated with you all, it sounded fun. I love the Sonny and Cher costumes..what a hoot
Post a Comment