Today, in response to something Abigail did, Frances sarcastically remarked, "You're so amazing." Abigail gleefully responded, "I know I'm amazing!" Frances and I cracked up.
Abigail is also spontaneously generating phrases like, "You know what?" and "Never mind." When I ask her to do something, she sometimes responds with, "Hold on, hold on." She leaves out some of the smaller words, resulting in sentences like, "You want play me?" Today she asked me, "JieJie no behave?" (Fran had been reprimanded for something). When she comes into my room while I get dressed in the morning, Abby politely asks, "I play you duck?" (I have a big bookcase with books and toys on it, and her question refers to a wooden duck on wheels. She is not telling me to duck, although she does still throw things sometimes...)
The order of her words is also somewhat jumbled at times, as when she (belligerently) asserts her independence: "All by self ME."
Out in public, she asks every employee, "What you name?" and "What you doing?"
Now that she is toilet trained, Abigail is more aware of everyone else's toileting habits too. When I finish up in the bathroom, Abigail tells me, "You go potty? Good job, Mom!" In a public restroom, it's sometimes a little awkward...
On my first day back to work after the break, Abby had a hard time going with the sitters. She clung to my leg and wept quietly. When I picked her up, she told me "I waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting you!" Later she told me, "Mommy, I miss you much!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh My Gosh - That is just way too funny! I still can't believe that is the same little "baby" that was forever united with her family (you & Frances) when we traveld only a year ago...
Post a Comment