On the day before my birthday, Dana, Haley, Roger and Lori took us out for a champagne brunch at Angelo's & Vinci's in old Fullerton. If you haven't been there, I highly recommend that you go, for either dinner or brunch. The food is fantastic, the prices are reasonable, and the decor is... well, perhaps a bit overwhelming, but nevertheless, spectacular. Brunch was delicious, and we finished our meal with Dana's incredible home made cupcakes. The frosting was made with cream cheese and Scharfenberger dark chocolate!
My actual birthday fell on a Monday, and after work/school I had an IEP for one of my students. When I finally picked up the girls, we went out for dinner at Ruby's.

The kids' meal comes with 3D glasses, but the girls decided that it was more fun to remove the colored plastic lenses and just wear the glasses around in the restaurant. They looked like a couple of superheroes in training!


Later that night, my friend Linda brought over my favorite "Victorian Lace" cake (vanilla cake with raspberry filling, and the frosting is a mixture of cream cheese and buttercream) and some ice cream. Abigail had already gone to bed, but Frances waited up, wearing her jammies, to party with the big girls.
Although most of us adults tend to downplay our birthdays, I am so blessed that my friends remember it, and want to celebrate it with me.
Mmmm... there's a lot of frosting in this post...

3 comments:
Wow! You looks so young!! Did you turn 30 this year? I'm jealous:)
If the picture is taken from a good distance, you can't see all the gray hair.....
Karen ...I am so glad that you were born! That is why I like celebrating your birthday so much.
Life is good when there is lots of frosting...right?!
God bless you this year and always.
Post a Comment