Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Even though it's not spring yet...

...the weather has been unseasonably warm, in the 80s. Yesterday afternoon when we got home from school/work, we went for a bike ride. Frances has her cool beach cruiser that Santa gave her the Christmas before last, and Abigail rides in the seat on the back of my bicycle. I like to have a destination, so we went to Target to get a few things. Frances needs shorts for the summer, I wanted to get some grass seed for the backyard, and a few other things. Well, many of you know how easy it is to pick up a few more things at Target... Finally, I realized: We're on the bike! I am going to have to stop shopping, or I won't be able to get this stuff home! Frances offered to help carry some things on her bike, but she doesn't have a basket. I loaded up my basket, and then hung a lightweight bag from the back of Abby's seat. We looked like the Joads! But we made it home with our purchases.

Today after school/work, we went to Newport Beach. The girls put on bathing suits, and Frances played in the water while Abby played in the sand. Frances built a castle at the waterline, with a moat to protect it. I used a bucket to make castles in the damp sand, where they wouldn't be washed away, and Abigail became Godzilla, stomping on the castles almost as quickly as I made them! We collected shells, splashed around, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. If the weather holds, we're going to try to do another beach afternoon next Monday or Tuesday.

2 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

OK Target and Swimsuits ~ Now that sounds like a day of pure fun :)

And why no photos..Come on Karen...I need some photos too lol!

Miss you all so very much...:(

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

MommaT said...

We have stayed in the 50s and 60s..the sun is out today! Can't wait until you all come visit!!!!