Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No photos, but a funny story

Frances and Abigail are suddenly interested in eating Pop-Tarts for breakfast. It won't make me Mother of the Year, but since they eat their breakfast in the car on the way to school anyway.... I went ahead and bought them some Pop-Tarts. To assuage my guilty conscience, I made sure they were the fruit flavored ones, and the girls also eat fresh fruit along with the junky Pop-Tarts... Yes, I know, stop rationalizing.

Yesterday morning, Abigail was breaking her Pop-Tart, rather than eating it, so I confiscated it. I gave it back to her when we got out of the car at my work (the sitter picks Abby up from me at the school where I work). Today, as Abby and I entered my classroom, she asked, "I play?" Some mornings, she likes to help me set up chairs for my students, and others, she wants to play with all of the preschool toys. I told her to go ahead and play. Moments later, I heard the "ch-ching" of the cash drawer opening on the toy cash register, and Abigail took out yesterday's Pop-Tart! What?! I cannot believe that none of my students found it yesterday. "I eat it, Mom?" No way, with all of the germs and dirt in my classroom! I made Abby throw it away.

No comments: