Sunday, September 5, 2010

Getting ready for the real thing...

Because so many of her girls have not been to a gymnastic meet yet, Frances' coach arranged for a practice meet, to be held at the gym on a Sunday afternoon. One of the other coaches acted as the judge, and the girls all went through their routines on bars, beam, floor and vault. Frances let me do her hair (lately she has been wanting to do it herself, part of growing up, I guess) and I made sure that it was off of her face, and hairsprayed well to avoid coming loose. Frances was thrilled to get to wear her competition leotard! She looked gorgeous, although I know that as her mother, I am biased...



I think that six of the girls are at the same level as Frances (Level 4), and Fran had the highest scores among them on bars and floor. You go, girl! Her first "real" meet is September 12th, somewhere in Los Angeles. We'll get the details this week, and if I can get any photos (not allowed to use a flash during the meet) I will post them!

1 comment:

MommaT said...

That girl of yours is so amazing!