Friday, September 24, 2010

Growing up...

Looking at Abigail's back-to-school photos, I can hardly believe that less than two years ago, she was a 17-month-old baby, not walking, bald... and now she is the size of an average four-year-old!! She is currently 40 and 1/2 inches tall, and about 40 pounds! Gymnastics has helped with her postural control and balance, although Abby still trips/stumbles several times a day. She has a high pain tolerance, so falling down doesn't really bother her. She talks non-stop, and asks a million questions. Abigail makes all kinds of crazy faces. My neighbor says that maybe someday Ab will be an actress (because she is also a drama queen). It's funny the things she knows and does not know. I guess it depends upon what is important to her. For example, she only knows one color (orange), but can tell you all about everything everyone said and did at the sitter's house that day, in minute detail, including imitations of voice intonation and facial expressions! She is a loving, grateful child, thanking me profusely for her clothing, for her snacks, for it being a school day, for gymnastics, for being able to go to church. She is a funny little nut, and I love her. On her "family day" (October 21st) I will try to remember to post photos of Abigail, then and now. She has really grown!

1 comment:

MommaT said...

Can you believe its almost been two years...I can't. It seems like these precious kids have been with us forever! Boy have they changed! so grown up! Love em!!