Sunday, August 7, 2011

Ten years?!


Ten years ago, on August 4th, I stepped off the plane at LAX with little baby Frances. Where did the time go? My beautiful girl is now ten years old. I wish I had a scanner, so that I could post a photo of that moment, to compare it with the gorgeous, brown pre-teen that I have now! We celebrate her Homecoming Day each year ("gotcha day" was my mom's birthday, and I wanted Franny to have her own day) by letting her choose what she wants to do. This year, all she wanted was a cookie-cake from Mrs Fields. We had them write "Happy Homecoming" on it.

3 comments:

MommaT said...

I so wish I could see her baby picture. I don't think I have ever seen pictures of her from before about 3 years ago...We love you Francis, Abigail and Karen!

Lisa-n-Phil said...

Oh Francis we remember when you finally came home what a wonderful day that was. You are just as stunningly beautiful that first day as you are 10-years later. We love and miss you bunches, as well as you beautiful sister Abigail and your wonderful momma. We miss you ladies!
Love You,
Lisa and Phil Remmel, also Hayley
(your old neighbors)

Linda said...

I wonder where my pictures are of Franny's homecoming?? (Prob on a outdated digital stick...but, I will try to work on it.I took so many of that beautiful baby!) I totally remember the day you finally brought Frances home. How did it go by so fast? We have all been Touched by Adoption ever since "love took you in". Thanks for letting us be part of this beautiful journey. We love you all.