Sunday, December 20, 2009

Fran's school Christmas program



At Frances' school Christmas program, each class sang a song, and recited a poem or a passage of Scripture. Between each group, individual students played the piano. Frances was nervous, but did a great job playing "Joy to the World."


Her class (a 3rd/4th combo) sang "Gospel Bells," which is the same tune as Jingle Bells, but the lyrics are about Christ's birth and the salvation He offers.

After the last verse of the song, the children played the song on their recorders. This had the potential to be somewhat painful for the audience. However, the children had apprently been practicing hard. The students all did a great job.

Abigail sat through most of the program, but during the pastor's message, I had to take her outside to walk around. I wore a dress to this event, and since it's finally winter here in So Cal, I was wearing stockings. I almost never wear them; they are annoying. While Abigail and I were outside, I tried to pull up my stockings, and instead realized that I had ripped a huge hole in them, causing numerous runs to travel all down my leg. Making sure that no one could see me, I worked those stupid stockings off, outside in the dark, and threw them away! My dress was fairly long, so hopefully no one noticed that I returned to the auditorium with bare legs...

1 comment:

MommaT said...

Way too funny! I can just imagine you taking your stockings off...wonder is Abigail will grow up and laugh at that memory when she realizes what you did:)