

My friend Linda had a few extra tickets for the children's version of "The Nutcracker" and kindly offered them to us. I tried to find a sitter for Abigail, but 'tis the season to be busy. I had to bring her with us. The good thing about this version of "The Nutcracker" is that it is scaled down in length and number of performers, and the conductor narrates and explains throughout, so that the children better understand what the music and dancing represent. Many people dress up in fancy clothes for this event, but the weather had been cold and rainy, and the performance was at Abby's naptime, so all I can say about our attire was that we were all clean and decent! Abigail was asleep in the car on the way there, but woke up as we walked from the parking structure to the theatre in a light drizzle. We met up with Linda & Ralph, their teenagers, and Ralph's mom outside the theatre. The seats were great, and the girls enjoyed the performance. Afterwards, we got to see the costumes up close as the performers mingled with the crowd. We also got to see (and hear) some of the orchestra instruments up close. It was a fun day!

1 comment:
I took my girls (minus Miriam who was too little) to see the adult version of the nutcracker in Seattle a few years ago. I hope one day Miriam will want to go and we can go with her...it really is a neat experience. Good to hear your girls enjoyed it
Post a Comment