Recently, Abigail has begun telling me, "You lucky Mom." Hmmm. To make sure that is really what she's saying, I asked her, "Are you telling me that I am a lucky mom?" She grinned and nodded. It made me think about parents who, while they are in China adopting little girls, are sometimes approached by Chinese people who comment, "Lucky baby," or "lucky girl." Sometimes I wonder, although I know that the possibilities are slim, if Abigail remembers anything of what was said to her in China before she became part of our family. Did the nannies tell her that she was lucky, to be getting a family? What I do know is this: I
am a "lucky mom." Abigail is such a special child, a gift from God. People who normally do not care to be around children are drawn to Abigail. She is happy nearly all the time, so full of joy and love, the epitome of a resilient child.
But I know lucky by its real name:
Blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment