Monday, September 6, 2010

As the sign says...


We are squeezing the last bits of fun out of our summer! We rode our bikes over to the Hunters' to swim on Sunday afternoon. Their recent out-of-town family visitors bought Fran & Ab a huge floating turtle for the pool, so the girls were ready to try it out.



Frances was more proficient at climbing aboard the big turtle, especially when I held it still at the pool steps. Abigail tried it out, but usually rolled off (on purpose) within a few seconds. She seemed to really like towing Frances around the pool, while Franny rested on the turtle. It looks like Fran is Cleopatra, while Abigail is the Little Engine That Could!


The pool is not very warm, because it's been such a mild summer here, so about 20 minutes after jumping into the pool, Frances was shivering and ready to sit in the warm sunshine. Abigail was playing with a Barbie boat in the pool, and she thought that Frances needed to be wet. She snuck up on Frances, and poured water from the boat onto Fran's head! Of course, Frances wanted to retaliate, and Abigail happily complied.

3 comments:

Shelly and Family said...

Hey Karen....

LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!!!

Must admit I stop by often but seeing how it is 99.999999% on Keith's iPhone - I can not post a comment!

After reading your FB post I knew I had to jump on my big laptop and send you some love....

Love you guys!

Neese said...

Awesome pics! I can even wrap my mind around swimming...it's so cold here and rainy season is upon us :-( It looks like you had a fun holiday weekend!

MommaT said...

Gotta love those girls! Miss you all!!