
These postings are from 10/17. I just now figured out how to do it, and while I could log on to free wireless internet in our first hotel room, it does not work in this one. So I have used the cable provided by the hotel, and am being charged a small fee. I am trying to catch up for the past few days, as I am coping with technical snafus, and we have been sooo busy! Right now it is 3:45 a.m. on the ...what date? 18th? I think it is Sunday. Yes, it's the middle of the night, but I have been waking up for a few hours in the middle of each night, so I thought I would use my time wisely and figure things our to post on the blog. Thankfully, my friends back home have been helping me, because the instructions on the google page are IN CHINESE, but tonight I have figured it out. Heck, what else am I gonna do at 3 in the morning? On the afternoon of the 16th, we went to the Pearl Market with the other CCAI families who had arrived at that point. The photo is from the Pearl Market balcony, looking across at the park which has the Temple of Heaven in it. It is kind of foggy/hazy here in the afternoons. Frances is happy that there are two boys to hang out with, ages 11 and 12. They are good kids, kind to Frances and they all keep each other entertained. Dinner was "on our own," so we went to a local pizza restaurant, and were in bed by 8 pm! Oh, and at the pizza restaurant, I was able to get a diet Pepsi! It was in a can at room temperature, but I was happy to get it! I have started drinking regular Coke here, whenever diet is not available (which is most of the time).
No comments:
Post a Comment