Well, once again, I can't see the photos as I post them, so I hope that they are in the correct sequence! On 10/26, our last full day in ZZ, we went to the Henan Museum. Fairly interesting, and I got a great shot of the infamous "split pants!" During our time in the museum, Abigail managed to soak through her diaper, earning herself the family nickname "Empress NiaoNiao" (the queen of peepee). I took a photo of the enormous ferris wheel. I think that it is bigger than the one at the Irvine Spectrum. There are also two shots of Frances and Abigail playing "Da!" with a napkin at the italian restaurant in the hotel. We left ZZ on 10/27, got to the airport there, only to discover that the computer systems were all down. We all stood around for about 45 minutes until the airlines decided to start issuing hand-written boarding passes. Our guide took care of all of our paperwork, and then we dashed through security, and boarded the plane. We were the last ones on, all of the crazy Americans with their children, and then we took off. It was only a two hour flight, but they served a meal. I do not know how people do it with little children on their laps! I am a big woman, and I could not sit with Abby on my lap and have the tray lowered. Thankfully, I was on the aisle. Abby sat on the armrest, cradled in my right arm, with her little legs crossed nicely in front of her, while I fed us both using my left hand (my non-dominant hand), and did not spill even a grain of rice! We arrived in Guangzhou and got on a bus to get to the hotel. As we pulled up, I scanned the lobby windows, and there was our Dana! I gave Frances the green light to run in and hug her! It was so good to see a face from home. The next post will be about Guangzhou...
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
The last day in Zhengzhou
Well, once again, I can't see the photos as I post them, so I hope that they are in the correct sequence! On 10/26, our last full day in ZZ, we went to the Henan Museum. Fairly interesting, and I got a great shot of the infamous "split pants!" During our time in the museum, Abigail managed to soak through her diaper, earning herself the family nickname "Empress NiaoNiao" (the queen of peepee). I took a photo of the enormous ferris wheel. I think that it is bigger than the one at the Irvine Spectrum. There are also two shots of Frances and Abigail playing "Da!" with a napkin at the italian restaurant in the hotel. We left ZZ on 10/27, got to the airport there, only to discover that the computer systems were all down. We all stood around for about 45 minutes until the airlines decided to start issuing hand-written boarding passes. Our guide took care of all of our paperwork, and then we dashed through security, and boarded the plane. We were the last ones on, all of the crazy Americans with their children, and then we took off. It was only a two hour flight, but they served a meal. I do not know how people do it with little children on their laps! I am a big woman, and I could not sit with Abby on my lap and have the tray lowered. Thankfully, I was on the aisle. Abby sat on the armrest, cradled in my right arm, with her little legs crossed nicely in front of her, while I fed us both using my left hand (my non-dominant hand), and did not spill even a grain of rice! We arrived in Guangzhou and got on a bus to get to the hotel. As we pulled up, I scanned the lobby windows, and there was our Dana! I gave Frances the green light to run in and hug her! It was so good to see a face from home. The next post will be about Guangzhou...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment