Saturday, October 25, 2008

You think you've seen traffic?




Yesterday (Friday, 10/24) I finally got to go to the pool in the hotel. I took Abby, Frances and Caleb (the big kids knew the way) and we went swimming. Frances and Caleb had a great time in the huge "lap" pool. The shallowest part is 5 feet deep, but Frances swims like a fish, so no worries. Abigail and I went in the big shallow pool. Probably supposed to be a jacuzzi, but it's no warmer than the regular pool. Abby loved it for a while, but she kept trying to put her mouth in the water. I know that the tap water is not safe to drink; I can't imagine that the pool water is any better! So we got out after a short time. But she sure looks cute in her bathing suit!
After swimming, four of the five families decided to take a walk to the McDonald's. Brian and his 11-year-old, Caleb, had walked it before, so we were confident with them leading the way. Of course, the sidewalks are shared by bikes, scooters, and mopeds. And the McDonald's is on the other side of the gigantic, five-lane, two-story traffic circle! Okay. We were a group of 8 adults, three kids, and three babies. It was quite an adventure! I took a picture of us as we waited to cros the street. Once we got there, the employees were so kind! Frances had chosen seats for the Bushnells upstairs, so one employee carried the tray with our food, and the other carried the stroller while I held Abigail. That would NEVER happen in California. They would just give you your food and shout, "Next!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So darn cute in a bathing suit! She is ready to be a California girl!

Daphne Helms said...

She looks like a "natural" in that bathing suit...as if it were just meant to be !! She is too cute !! Yep, she's definitely got the makings for a California bathing beauty !!