Today a group of families walked over to the White Swan Hotel, where many adopting families stay in Guangzhou (but it was too expensive for us, during the trade fair). It is a tradition to take pictures of the children on a red couch in the lobby. I had dressed Abigail in a little outfit that I bought here in Guangzhou. It looks like a traditional Chinese outfit, but instead of silk, it is cotton. The shirt was a little tight and kept coming unsnapped (her little tummy is quite round) but it was really cute anyway. Several of the babies were wiggly on the couch, and Annabelle was crying, but Abby tried to comfort her by patting her back. After lunch, Frances went swimming in the rooftop pool with Caleb and Will, and Abby and I joined them, for Abigail's first time in a pool. She loved it! All of the kids played "Da!" by going under the water and popping up, which made Abigail shout with laughter! Because her nap was early in the day, Abby went to bed at 5:30 this afternoon. She is sounding a little more congested as she sleeps. I hope she is not getting sick. Oh, and in the previous post I had mentioned that I had to hang around in the hotel room while our CCAI rep took the paperwork to the consulate. Well, guess whose paperwork had a problem? Apparently, the abandonment certificate was translated incorrectly. It said that Abigail was born on 5/19/07 and was found in the elevator of the Zhengzhou City Hospital. It should have said that she was found on August 4th, 2007, because without that, it sounds like she was found on the day she was born. So Jocelyn, our CCAI rep, had to get it re-translated, notarized, and back to the consulate. Yikes. It should all be fine for tomorrow's appointment.
We are all tired tonight. Because Abigail was asleep, we ordered pizza delivery from Papa John's. Frances was doing some schoolwork, but at 7:45, she asked if she could go to bed. It's now 8, and Dana is asleep. I am going to bed as soon as I finish this post. I'm not sleeping well at all, partly because I am sharing a bed with Frances, and partly because I hear every move that Abigail makes in her crib. The beds are quite comfortable, but the only covers are these big puffy duvet things. They would be perfect if it was winter in Nebraska. Without covers, it is too cold in the hotel room, because of the air conditioning. But I am too warm under the cover, and there are no other lighter-weight covers. Sorry that I am whining; I want to go home and sleep in my own bed. And Abigail may wake up in the middle of the night, because she went to bed so early. Fran was out of sorts this morning, so I hope that a good night's sleep will help her out. I promised her that the first meal we eat once we get home will be her favorite, macaroni and cheese!

No comments:
Post a Comment