Friday, October 17, 2008

Waiting in lines is no fun at all!!

I had not traveled internationally since pre-911, and it was a big surprise! Stand in a line to check yourself in (thankfully, there was an employee who helped me, because I was clueless), then stand in another line to check in your own baggage, then stand in another line to be admitted to the security check area (that's where I took the photo) and then stand in line to go through security. Then we went to the gate, and stood in line to get on the plane!
The flight from LA to Tokyo was 12 hours, and Frances was wonderful. I am so blessed! We both catnapped for about 30 minutes, and Frances did lots of schoolwork. I teased her that she will already be behind, because we lose a day in the time difference. The whole time difference thing confuses her! We sat next to a man who was going to Korea. He lives in Huntington Beach, and makes this trip regularly. He said that the menu on these flights has not changed in 25 years, so he was not at all surprised that they gave us ice cream sandwiches as a snack! He told us that on the way home, the snack is gingerbread.
So Frances only slept about an hour total on the 12 hour flight, but behaved beautifully the entire time.

No comments: