Tuesday, October 21, 2008
She sleeps through the night!
The schedule that the orphanage gave to Yisha says that Abigail goes to bed at 8:30 p.m. and then gets a bottle of formula at 10:30 and a drink of water at 12:30. last night, I put Abby to bed at about 7:30, and she was asleep by 7:45 after an exhausting day. I went to bed at 9, expecting to be awakened during the night by a hungry baby. Abigail did not wake up, but I did not sleep soundly, because I was waiting for her to wake up all night! It is now almost 7, and she is still asleep. Frances keeps tiptoeing over to the crib and peeking in. "I love my baby sister," she says. Like big sister Frances, Abigail does sleep gymnastics. She was all over that crib last night, sideways, upside down, you name it. I had to cover her up several times, because she had rolled on top of the covers. And she is a thumb-sucker, but only while sleeping. She appears to be right-handed. Abigail takes after her sister Frances in so many ways. She is a happy, smiling baby. like baby Frances was. She loves people, and when she smiles, her face scrunches up and her eyes disappear, like Frances' did when she was a baby. My arms are sore from carrying Abby yesterday so today we will use the "side-rider," which is a carrier that seats her on my hip. Kind of like a snugli, but with her being an older baby, I thought it would be more natural for her to ride on my hip. Hopefully soon she will start being a more active participant in being carried; right now, she is pretty much a sack of potatoes! She is a little spoiled and demanding; Yisha said that most of the babies were moved a few weeks ago to another location (Abby has been in a SWI, which is Social Welfare Institute, for abandoned babies, children, and elderly. There is now a new CWI, Children's Welfare Institute, just for the little ones) but Abby was not moved because the nannies love her and knew she would be adopted soon. So she has been the little princess for a while...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I am like a "Bushnell girls" junkie right now. I keep checking repeatedly throughout the day for new posts. I just checked a few hours ago and got the pics of you guys as a family now. What a delight to check again and have a new blog !!! Woo Hoo !!
What a blessing that Abby slept through the night. WOW. I'll say that backwards. WOW. (BIG GRIN) This is almost surreal that this is happening to you...makes it feel "real" for me even though it hasn't happened to me yet. I know that sounds weird, but that's how I'm feeling.
You are an inspiration to so many, Karen. You are amazing...going half way around the world TWICE (really three times) to adopt precious children and then to show them and teach them the love of Jesus. It doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for being an example to all of us.
Hugs,
Daphne
Tell Frances, that Aunt Linda Says" Oh, I love Abby's BIG Sister". And the princess sleeps, yeah! Of course, we are awake over here when you are sleeping...I can't even imagine how turned around your must feel for a few days.
I love the first picture in the blog of Abigail playing with your tag beacause you have a picture of you looking down at Frances in almost the same position. Hard to remember what Frances looked like, but even my Grandma H. commented, "Wow, she kinda looks like Frances at that age." (duh, they are SISTERS..hee.hee.)
Is all the official paperwork done? or, do you finish some of that in the city that you must leave from? Oct 31st seems so very far away right now. I miss you.
Congratulations Bushnell girls on your newest member of the family. She looks very cute and seems to fit right in with the family. We are enjoying your blog and pictures and check every day for new info. You are so lucky she slept through the night. We are looking forward to Lucas following Abby's lead soon. All is well at school and Clariza is going in tomorrow for her minor surgery. Danny will take her place for a few days. Give Frances and Abby an extra hug from all of us. We'll show the class your pictures tomorrow. They will be so excited. Kathi and the Kids
I have to agree with Faith's Mom (Hi, I'm Haley. Nice to meet you): I am a Bushnell Girls junkie too. I even checked the blog today while in my classroom and showed a pic of Abby to a few of my students.
I hope you guys can make it to Orange for Halloween night. I am going to dress up as Angelina Jolie (All black clothing, pregnant belly via pillow and wax lips) and need all of the adopted babies I can get my greedy hands on!
See you in nine days, give or take a time zone.
Haley
Congratulations Bushnell Girls. We are so happy that everything went well and is going well. Sorry, I just checked your blog today for the first time since you left. We are praying for your safe return. What size clothing is she in? She is adorable!
Post a Comment